Sunday, January 06, 2008

A post from IMDb

I have been reading these message boards for a while, but haven't posted anything because I didn't work on that movie. I have been in the "Biz" 12 years now and I have developed a keen radar when it comes to potentially bad experiences. I wouldn't have worked on that movie ( all my red flags would have gone off ) and couldn't have worked on it ( the movie was not affiliated with my union...DGA ) but I can tell everyone with certainty that the people associated with this movie should and probably will get legal action taken against them. They represent everything that is bad in the movie biz. Unions were organized to protect employees from people exactly like this. Non-payment on a weekly basis is a violation of just about EVERY union agreement I have read...and let this be a lesson for all of those poor souls who showed up to work week in and week out...hoping for their money but afraid to quit lest they get their timecards "Lost"...all you have done is perpetuate the fraud by letting Big Sky survive one more day making this pitiful movie...without paying ANYONE one single DIME!!

I visited the set one Sunday morning and what I witnessed was perhaps the most disorganized, chaotic, dysfunctional and dangerous environment ever on a set. No exaggeration, people were cussing left and right...slinging heavy equipment in a mad panic...3 cameras shooting in 3 different sets...all within 100 yards of each other and all 3 camera crews yelling at the other 2 to shut up. From what I understand, the female producer tried to be the location manager... accountant... UPM... casting... etc. What a joke.

These are only my opinions based on experience and observations...the rumors of gun toting directors and drug addicted producers are just that...rumors. Please be careful not to inadvertently slander someone without hard proof of these suggestions...that doesn't mean that I totally believe every juicy piece of gossip about these wretched scumbags...I mean they owe so many people so much money that it's just wrong...plain and simple wrong.

Sorry for the rant....those are my 2 cents...I mean SAG shut them down....that should say it ALL!!!!

posted by gmbott on IMDb.

No comments: